Saturday, December 6, 2008

Morgan County TAG kids









This past Wednesday was really exciting! I went to the Cotaco School and taught 165 kids to make copper heart ornaments they got to bring home. That picture was about half of them!
I'll see if I can get some more pictures to post here, but once they let the kids at me there was No more picture taking time for me!
The kids were all so wonderful.. I was very impressed. There must be a lot of proud parents out there, or there should be. I found striking examples of excellent manners, selflessness, team spirit, and kindness there.
I hope to be able to make this a yearly event, it sure boosted my spirits!


Thanks so much to my good friends Kerry and Dan. I'll be able to do that over and over as they furnished most of the tools to do this.
Kerry invented the bolt hammers for this project, and made up 15 of them. They were perfect for this project.
Dan donated to supplies & furnished me with great hardwood blocks to make the forms with.
Thanks also to Karen Kelley of the schools for all her help in getting me informed so I was properly prepared.

After that I was interviewed by Beth Norwood of WLRH in Huntsville. That was a lot of fun too.
I had to race to get there in time, but got there a few minutes early, if out of breath.
Beth really was wonderful, she got me to say all sorts of things I never would have thought of.

No comments: