Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Finally, a Blog!

Hello Everyone!



I have been going on adreneline it seems for weeks now. Last week I met a great bunch of guys at the Dixieland Metal Meet. What a blast! Think all sorts of guys, like one big family, all busily cutting, hammering, grinding, and welding. Sparks flying everywhere and everyone learning something in the midst of all that. I never said I had a normal appetite for life! It was wonderful, exhausting but wonderful.

Next time I am taking those 1 inch thick flip flops I never wear and epoxying them to the bottom of my shop shoes! The concrete floors are rough on the bones, especially if you have broken your toes a few hundred times like I have. Did I say I was clumsy? Ok, Done. The guys that were still there on Sunday got or were taught by me and made their own copper orchid to bring home. These guys know metal and did a wonderful job on them!

Since this is my opening post of my Blog I have to say I need to thank a few people and tell my bits about them. This will take many posts so I'll do one a day and see if I ever catch up to the present time.

Gee, I hope I don't!

I need to start by thanking my friend Sherry Montez (website coming soon) Who first got my gears going after showing me her lily flower made of a scrap of copper sheet someone gave her.
Thanks to you too, scrap giver-whoever you are.
Ideas have been flooding my brain ever since and I just moved on to my third sketchbook!
I could live three lifetimes and no be able to build it all.

I have limited myself to a 10 minute post each night, and my time is already up!
{Edited for Reality} LOLOLOL Naaa! I was never good at schedules.
too much to learn out there.

Maybe this will improve my typing speed!{edited for Reality} Wahahahaha! Not.

Till tomorrow..

No comments: